Timber Frame Help

Hi All

I'm in the not so sunny UK and need some help on timber frame construction.

I was let down by my insurance company after 2 years of trying to get them to pay out, (Be wary of the big red phones T&C which are not written anywhere)

Anyhow as a result i'm having to re-build my house myself with a tiny budget, the architect has specified that the internal structure need to be a timber frame type as this was the oridginal form. I am looking for help, advice or software to assist me with the technical side of this as I am having to build this myself.

If anyone can help, please let me know

Many thanks

Pat

Reply to
Pat-UK

Bad idea to do it yourself. Look locally for timber framers or associations. There was a discovery channel production about building a trebuchet in England. They had local timber framers do most of the wood work. If you were in my state here in the US you would need a structural engineer as well. Architects are not usually engineers at least not here.

Reply to
SQLit