As another poster mentioned, many people without
power due to the snow storm. Winter power cuts
need heat and light, both. For winter power cuts,
fuel burning light sources are good to have.
Candles are the first thing most folks use. And
careful is needed. Now and again some one will
burn down a house, with candles too close to the
curtains, papers, etc. On the rare moments I burn
candles, I use short stable candles, and use a
metal cake pan or heavy skillet as a base, less
risk of burning down the home. Candles don't put
out much light. Not too bad at night, when your
eyes adjust after a while.
Wick lamps are also good. They can burn ultra pure
or kerosene. There was some thing that went around
about using mineral spirits paint thinner in a wick
lamp. Yes, it does give off a lot of light. It is
also a fire and explosion risk, far too flammable.
Mantle lanterns such as propane or Coleman fuel
are very bright, and plenty enough to read or see
what you're doing (staring at the dark TV screen).
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
Click to see the full signature.