Thinking about putting in a hot tub on my deck

I need to figure out how to reinforce the deck. Joists are 12 inches apart. 4x4s are 15 feet a part one way and 100 foot the other.
On 11/03/2016 01:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You deck joist spanned 12 so figure 100 foot the other 4x4 apart by 15 inches OC plywood span reinforcements configured hot tub?
On 11/3/2016 2:06 PM, wtf wrote:

Not enough info to give you a definitive answer. Are the joists 2 x 6 or 2 x 8 or 2 x 12? What is the weight of the tub with water and naked occupants?
Once you figure that out you can figure how many 4 x 4 to add, with proper footings of course. At the minimum, I'd put one at each corner and one in the center. You may need more.
On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 10:59:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

100 feet apart, YEA RIGHT!!!! Go buy a new tape measure.....
Have fun destroying your deck. Be sure to take movies when it collapses. Should make a good youtube hit.
water weighs 8 pounds per gallon. so a 100 gallon hot tun contains 8000 pounds of water plust the total weight of the tub, surround, cover pump etc etc
bob haller laid this down on his screen :

Must be the new math......

Bob is a Democrat. He uses his hot tub to cook elephants.
On 11/3/16 7:31 PM, bob haller wrote:

???????????????????????? Your fingers are goin' too fast.

It's heavy water. Very heavy. (-:
--
Bobby G.

Hey, I'm a Canadian, we don't abuse each other for making a typing error. I got my measuring tape out and the deck is 10 ft 3 inches wide and 14 ft 5 inches long.
One side (the side where the hot tub will be) is attached to the outside wall of the house.
The joists underneath are 21 inches apart. The other side is secured by 3 4x4 posts evenly spaced. Their website says it weighs 1972 lbs.