They dont sell posts!!!!

Right or wrong, who cares? It is just one part of a compensation package. If you pay less for healthcare, you may get less in other benefits. Unless you look at the entire package, you cannot say if it is a good or bad deal for the employee.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's the sad part about it being in the Constitution. The founding fathers believed that communication between the new nation's citizens was extremely important. Privatizing the mail will cause us to end up short-changing rural residents much the same way they can't get fast broadband service. It's just not profitable to hook all the outliers into the system. But the US Mail does it, and does a pretty good job of it.

Consider this: Neither UPS nor Fedex will ship something for much under $5. Would you want to pay $5 per piece to mail a letter? I don't. I am happy to pay taxes that keeps all the country's citizens connected to each other and keeps the cost of sending a letter affordable.

Something has to change to keep the service afloat and we'll soon see if people think that Saturday deliver and convenient nearby post offices are something worth paying for. I know I do.

-- Bobby G.

*DICKEY, DOUGLAS E. Rank and organization: Private First Class, U.S. Marine Corps, Company C, 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 9th Marine Amphibious Brigade, 3d Marine Division (Rein). Place and dale: Republic of Vietnam, 26 March 1967. Born: 24 December 1946, Greenville, Darke, Ohio. Citation: Suddenly an enemy grenade landed in the midst of a group of marines. Pfc. Dickey, in a final valiant act, quickly and unhesitatingly threw himself upon the deadly grenade.
Reply to
Robert Green