Thermostat question.

I recently bought a "Ace AT10-1141SA" thermostat. It seems to work OK except that the temperature setting lever is off compared to the switch action. Meaning that in order to get the room to 70F, as it indicates, I need to set the lever to around 78F. I can hear the switch "kick" at

78F so I know that it's the thermostat. Since this the only problem I hesitate to replace it. Does anyone know of a way to recalibrate it?
Reply to
Steve Thrasher

How recently did you buy it? A couple of degrees is normal, but that is out of tolerance. Can you return it?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If it is the one I am thinking of, it could be just a matter if it not being level. It must be level.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

About 2 weeks ago. It's not that important that it be accurate, only that it works. I pretty much ignore the temperature readings on them, who knows how accurate that little thermometer is anyhow, and set by comfort level. I probably could return it...but for the effort it's just not worth it - taking a $12.99 thermostat off the wall, driving 2 miles to the store, having a nice discussion with them, getting another, driving 2 miles back home, and re-installing it.

I was hoping someone would have a simple way to recalibrate it, I've looked at both the unit and installation instructions and don't see anyway.

Reply to
Steve Thrasher

Unless there's a very local gravitational anomaly that's imperceptible when standing next to it...it's level. :-) The install instructions talked about that, so I used a bubble level and laid on both the top, bottom and and then vertically along the left edge. I'll admit upon reading you message I went back and rechecked though.

Reply to
Steve Thrasher

You've only had it 2 weeks, why would you not just take it back? Even if they can be adjusted, which can be time consuming and tricky, I wouldn't waste time and possibly break it. If it was off even a couple degrees and it's brand new, I'd take it back.

Reply to
trader4

I think I see the problem......"$12.99" Damn! Just can't get a decent product at a decent price, can we?

Reply to
Ken

hope this helps: couldn't find Ace persay online, I am sure on your package or thermo, they have a contact or troubleshooting email or phone.

This site generally might help you:

NatlHomeServices

That is a really cheap thermostat. Probably POS. Good mercury thermostats are hard to find, even the ones that wholesale at $80.00 or more. I have stopped using them as most can't be recalibrated any more. It used to be that they could be recalibrated. The digital ones are better if you get a good one. If you pay less than $50.00 wholesale, it is most likely junk. Cheap thermostats always bite me in the butt, not a good way to save money.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch