Thermador Wall Oven Time/Temp Display Unit

I have a Thermador Wall Oven. The time/temp. display unit has faded to the point of not being able to read anything.

I understand that this is a common problem with Thermador units. Is this an easy self fix problem or do I need to call a repair person?

Reply to
david_w_edington

Hi,

One thing you can try is burning off internal deposits that often form on these. Works on about half the microwave oven 'dim' displays that I see.

That's not a high success rate, but it costs nothing to try. Just set it up so that it's displaying '8888', and leave it that way for 12-24 hours. This 'burns off' deposits from the individual segments of the display's digits, and if that's the cause of your problem, will correct it.

More commonly, the lens will get 'cloudy', often from cigarette smoke, and this can really casue them to look dim. If you're a smoker, or have one in the house, this bears looking into also. They'll get dirty normally, too, but smoke can really make them cloud over.

You'll have to disassemble it to clean that, bc it's on the inside of the lens. But the results can be dramatic!

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish