The Motor died in my Toaster

The motor died in my toaster this morning. It still heats but no longer rotates the bread. Is there a way to get inside the toaster to change the motor? I know for sure its the motor because the fan belt is not moving, the battery is not charging and the radiator is overheating. I also noticed that the exhaust smells like rotten eggs.

This is a standard 110volt American made toaster, not a foreign

220volt model.
Reply to
moneypit

Have you checked the carburetor? :)

May be it is cause you used Iraqs oil from that oil for food program.

BrownOne

Reply to
Brian

Replace thermostat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
050420 0137 - snipped-for-privacy@not-aol.com posted:

You can't get inside your toaster. Take some volume measurements on yourself, and then check the volume of the inside of your toaster, and then compare the two. You just will not fit.

And concerning the "exhaust smells like rotten eggs" part, I can see your problem:

indago

Just a cheap toaster I bought at Walmart. I think its called a toastamatic or something like that. It's just a

2 slice one.
Reply to
moneypit

Is it still under warranty? Have the dealer fix it! They probably broke it anyway on the last service interval shaking the crumbs out.

Reply to
sleepdog

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of a toaster is this?

Reply to
borgunit

Bite the bullet, gather 10 bucks and get a new toaster. I doubt you'll be able to get much on a trade-in.

Reply to
Dee

Go buy another cheap toaster at Walmart. Some things are not meant to be fixed.

Reply to
Dan C