Temporary bathroom floor material?

I need something to use, between the time I tear out the old carpet, and replace the floor with something new.

I'm thinking of thin vinyl tile, and removing it with a heat gun in a few months. Any ideas on how I can work this, in such a way that doesn't make the repair of the subfloor any worse, or harder? I'm thinking of throwing a quick coat of primer on the wood subfloor first.

Reply to
John Hines

Why not look for some old rugs that you can wash. I would not go to the trouble to install tile just to rip it out again.

Reply to
SQLit

We're in the process of replace our bathroom floor, and we ran into some problems with damaged underlayment. So, that's exactly what I did - I've got a couple of large bath rugs that cover the bare wood on the floor. Granted, it's a smallish bathroom - 4' X 8' open floor space - but I'd bet you could find something similar that would do until you can get the floor done the way you want it.

BTW - we're back at it this weekend, and by next weekend (only have weekends to do this) we should have a new tile floor in the bathroom. Then on to the next room to renovate.......

Reply to
L Beck

"L Beck" wrote in news:bto1uf$9jivh$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-215787.news.uni-berlin.de:

I'd go with the rug idea, too, but if the OP doesn't want rugs or carpet I would suggest the cheapest peel 'n stick tile. It's cheap enough for a few month's investment, and they don't usually stick well enough to be problem to remove later. I doubt he'd need a heat gun.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Indoor/outdoor carpet is inexpensive and not bad looking. Why not just use that - simple to install and to remove.

Reply to
norminn

Yeah, kinda a pathological aversion to carpet around a potty, from years of experience.

I didn't think about washable rugs, though, that would be fairly easy. As would the tile, thanks all.

Who the heck puts carpet in a bathroom? (Rhetorical question, no answer needed)

Reply to
John Hines

Looks are not the problem, it is cleaning, I'd like to be able to mop up or clean with a wet rag.

Reply to
John Hines