Temperature

I don't get it. When I'm running the oil boiler I am comfortable between

75 and 76 degrees. When I'm burning the wood boiler I'm comfortable between 79 and 80 degrees. Same thermometer, same room.
Reply to
LSMFT

Humidifier on furnace?

Reply to
Frank

Perhaps there is a humidity difference running the oil boiler compared to the wood burner, though I have no ideas on why they might differ.

Reply to
Larry W

No humidifier. The only difference is the oil is on/hot, off/cold and the wood is steady all the time. Also the basement only gets to 62 with oil heat and 75 with wood heat (floors are warmer).

Reply to
LSMFT

Hi,Sounds like your room is way too dry. If there is no humidication, how about installing a humidifier? Too much dryness is bad for your health and even bad for wooden funiture.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

When I'm inside, I'm comfortable if it's 66 or over, probably 65 too.

When I'm outside, I'm comforable with anything over 50. With just a shirt and no t-shirt

Life's a puzzlement, grasshopper.

Reply to
mm

Good question!

Wax on, wax off.

Reply to
mm

Could be minor difference as to how your feet feel but humidity is always suspect. I have a humidifier and feel comfortable at temperatures 10 degrees below yours.

There is also a matter of getting bursts of heat out of furnace. My wife thinks our new furnace does not heat as well but the temperature is the same but before we would get a burst of heat out of the vent and I guess it made her feel that old furnace was warmer. I've heard this complaint about other heaters.

Reply to
Frank

When you are outside you are more active than when you are inside. Your CNS is also more active because you are not in the safe confines of your own home, so your metabolism is higher.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

three factors effect your comfort besides temperature..

humidity

air flow velocity i.e. drafts

radiant heating/cooling

Mark

Reply to
Mark

DO both boilers feed the same actual heating mechanism, ie the same radiators, or are there two separate heating plants?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Strictly a case of humidity & effective temperatures due to humidity.

Reply to
Twayne

How fast is the air moving?

Reply to