Temp setting for Gas Water Boiler

Hey all,

Can someone help me? What is the temp setting supposed to be for a WM Gold CGI water Boiler? Right now it is at like 150 degrees

Thanks Steve

Reply to
ESteveP

150 will work OK. Depends a lot on how fast you want the baseboards to heat the room. Boilers have been set anywhere from 140 to 200. At 140, the air circulation rising through the baseboards is gentle, and the room temperature changes slowly; but the circulating pump runs cooler than when it is set at 200. At 200, the circulating air rising from the baseboards will make the window curtains move out from the wall, and the room temperature will change more rapidly. Also, the air in the rooms will become dryer faster.
Reply to
indago

Well, it may be set there because that's all it needs.

HW systems can be set to run at almost any temprature. To really know what the set point should be, you need to look at the heat loss for the house.

Reply to
HeatMan

If I were to give you a quarter, would you go buy a clue?

Reply to
HeatMan

Hi ESteveP, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jan-04 At About 07:46:28, ESteveP wrote to All Subject: Temp setting for Gas Water Boiler

E> From: "ESteveP"

E> Hey all,

E> Can someone help me? What is the temp setting supposed to be for a WM E> Gold CGI water Boiler? Right now it is at like 150 degrees

First we need to know what type of system you have. is it baseboard or in floor?

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Hi indago, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jan-04 At About 09:09:47, indago wrote to All Subject: Re: Temp setting for Gas Water Boiler

i> From: >> Hey all, Can someone help me? What is the temp setting supposed to >> be for a WM Gold CGI water Boiler? Right now it is at like 150 >> degrees Thanks Steve

i> 150 will work OK. Depends a lot on how fast you want the baseboards i> to heat the room. Boilers have been set anywhere from 140 to 200. i> At 140, the air circulation rising through the baseboards i> is gentle, and the room temperature changes slowly; but the i> circulating pump runs cooler than when it is set at 200. At 200, i> the circulating air rising from the baseboards will make the window i> curtains move out from the wall, and the room temperature will i> change more rapidly. Also, the air in the rooms will become dryer i> faster.

There is no way you can answer this without knowing what he has. for baseboard 140 is too low. 180 is normal. for forced air 140 to 160 is probably ok.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2