Telephones dead

My phones have been out since Wed. Phone company can't fix until Mon. I unplugged all phone equipment in the house then tried one phone - dead. At the outside box there is a Telco section and customer section. I opened the customer section. There is an RJ11 jack with a short wire plugged in that leads to the terminals where the customer attaches their wire. I unplugged it and connected my testing phone. No signal and no voltage. Okay it is out of my hands.

When I dial my number from another local, I get a busy signal (normal, not fast). Not sure what this is indicitive of. Would this mean a short circuit on my line? The Telco says the line tests good, but this is the test they perform from their office, not in person.

Thanks, John (Interneting from elsewhere...)

Reply to
JohnR66

If you tested your line at the interface box and it's dead, theres really nothing much you can do. The fact that your getting a busy signal could be that the one of the wires is shorting to ground. Regardless if the phone company says the line is good or not, they have to fix it. It's out of your hands.

Reply to
Mikepier

Reply to
curmudgeon