TELEPHONE RINGS

Several weeks ago a hot water pipe over my utility room burst in my attic. Ever since then my telephone rings only 1 and a half rings then hangs up. On the wall in the kitchen which is next to my utillity room I have a wall phone. It' may be possible the wiring to that phone got wet. Could that cause the phone to start hanging up after the 1 and a half rings? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Puzzlement

Reply to
puzzlement

Check any connections for corrosion. I had a jack near the floor get wet and a couple of months later had phone problems. Disconnected it and it was OK.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Go out to the Dmark, unplug "the house" and plug a phone directly into the phone company side. Try it from there. That will decide if it is your wire or them. Water in the cable or jacks would cause all sorts of problems.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, a high resistance short anywhere could be the culprit.

Reply to
Steve Stone

The first thing an infant learns in this world, is this:

When a telephone rings, you say "HELLO".

"HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO"

Reply to
Paintedcow

Except in Japan where he says moshi moshi;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett