Target 1300 psi pressure washer for $75 - Sprayer?

I need a cheap sprayer for my 2 pecan trees. They are over 40 feet high and my 1 gallon pressure sprayer won't reach that high.

Will these pressure washers work?

Pj

Reply to
PJx
30ft Probably not, for washing trees?
Reply to
m Ransley

Cheat! I make a looong wand for my cheap sprayer, about 15' long. I just put a 5/16" copper pipe down the middle of a bamboo pole and spliced it into a spare spray nozzle, used 30 carbine brass for solder splices. I can reach a lot higher with the wand, which I usually leave p[arked in the apple orchard for the season since it is clumsy to carry long distances.

Reply to
Nick Hull

I've got a 1300 from Home Depot. I used it once this year to help clean my parents driveway. I sprayed it up along the house for fun, and the water barely reached my second story window of my former bedroom.

I doubt it will straight spray far enough to do trees.

Thinking you oughta check with the folks around you who sell trees. I doubt a pressure washer will reach. Unless you have a special tip for it? Maybe?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A heating and AC guy can get you a length of 1/4 inch or 5/16 or 3/8 copper tubing. Us AC guys use those diameters in our work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin why should he so stupid as to pay a Hvac guy extra for copper

Reply to
m Ransley

1/2" is too small, 5/16 works but if I had to do it over I would go to 3/8 to get less pressure drop in the long wand.
Reply to
Nick Hull