Tankless toilet

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

It may not be convenient or a good idea, but you can use them in houses.

Reply to
mike

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

And they seemed to be designed to leak.

Reply to
mike

They will work fine in a house if you connect them to a diaphragm type storage tank as an accumulator in an adjacent closet with a 1" line feeding the toilet.

Reply to
Pete C.

Most of them are fed with a minimum 1" water supply line, which is of course tied to larger water supply lines in commercial buildings. Many entire homes are set-up with 3/4" max feeding the entire house. Without the high volume, you won't get a decent flush, and a flushometer won't shut off unless the pressure and volume are very good either. Of course, there are remedys if you really want to use them in a home.

HTH, Lefty

Reply to
Lefty

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with

100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with

100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie

Your better off searching for the flushless urinal, it has a fluid that is lighter than urine so that goes down the drain and the fluid stays behind. Much more practical IMHO.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Fine if you live alone. I wouldn't want one of those things going off while I was trying to sleep.

Reply to
AZ Nomad