T-bird is working now

A test I run on customer's machines is to boot into BIOS and press "pause" or go into Bios settings. Then unplug the UPS from the wall and see what happens.

The other problem I see is folks plugging their computers into the "Surge Only" side of the UPS

I had a guy the got himself a Amazon essentials UPS. What a piece of ...

And he acted like I was trying to "rip him off" when I told him it was a poor choice.

Like Harbor Freight, the higher the parts count. I bought a couple Essentials 6' USB cables and an HDMI cable that work okay. iirc the USB cables were under $2. Maybe they would be a problem with USB 3.0 but not

2.0.
Reply to
rbowman
[snip]