Swivel chair tilts

Thirty year old Staples wood veneer, black steel, grey cloth swivel office chair tilts about five degree forward left. Turned it upside down and tightened all the crews, nothing seems out of place. But when you look at the front it does seem to tilt five degrees forward right. There is a rivet perpedicular to the pedestal that attached the pedestal to the base, that does seem to move not even a centimeter inside its hole that might be responsible. This problem may be old but I seem to have noticed because a now gone knee injury caused me to pay better attention to posture. Is there any risk this thing could collapse? Instinctively, I think not.. but..

Reply to
vjp2.at

I was on crutches when i met my first one. I did not know there were controls in the armrest. That event was embarrasijjng. Do you have 3 more good rivets?

Reply to
Thomas

I will try to find schematics. It seems the pole/pedestal wobbles at the base but I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it's just in my head. If they have patent, I can prolly get patent diagram.

Reply to
vjp2.at