swimming pool types

Any opinions of which is better?

Fiberglass versus galvanized steel walls with a vinyl liner?

Reply to
Art

Sacramento Dave

=====> Better in which way?

I purchased a Vinyl liner KIT in the early 70's fiberglass walls, used a 2 inch concrete bottom instead of sand.

I rented a backhoe and dug the hole ..and installed the pool myself... it was so easy I almost went into the pool business.. This was a DIY project and that ruled out grunite or whatever material tey are using now...

No complaints at all after 33 years.. I am however on my 3rd liner... no big deal theyt are not expensive...hauling in water costs more then replacing the liner... Pool is still fine...shut it down last weekend for the winter...hate to do that.!

Bob G....

Reply to
Bob G.

I am considering 2 different swim in one spot pools. One is made by Swimex and it is basically a big fiberglass tub. The other is steel panels and liner.

Reply to
Art