sweating copper

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You don't seem to know any more about chemistry than you do about plumbing.

Reply to
Doug Miller

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote in news:5016e0a9-fd03-434b-9a70- snipped-for-privacy@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com:

You're wasting your time, trader. You can't teach someone who thinks he already knows it all.

Reply to
Doug Miller

you're talking about.

No, the OBVIOUS conclusion is we are either measuring different fittings or YOU can';t measure. - and you are a cheapass who uses inferior M copper. I never use M - and for me, with the fittings we get here, my method works - and works extremely well. I'm not saying you have to do it my way - Unlike you, I don't say anyone who dissagrees with the way I do things (or don't but think others should) is wrong, or stupid, or inferior. Different strokes for different folks - but if someone is having a problem doing things the way they are doing them, and asks for information, finding out what works for others can be valuable. The OP can try the way I recommmend and see if it works for them. If it does, good. If it doesn't, no big loss and no skin off my teeth, or yours.

You don't want to try it? Too bad, so sad - doesn't bother me at all. You already know it all so you will never learn anything off this group anyway - so you may as well crawl into your hole under a bridge somewhere and congratulate yourself on knowing all there is to know and being perfect.

Reply to
clare

And I obviously know more about chemistry than you do.

First google result for mix chlorine and ammonia pops up

Which says: Mixing bleach and ammonia is extremely dangerous, since toxic vapors will be produced. The primary toxic chemical formed by the reaction is chloramine vapor, with a potential for hydrazine formation. Here's a look at the chemical reactions involved in mixing bleach and ammonia, as well as some first aid advice if you accidentally become exposed to a bleach and ammonia mixture.

You want to argue with that, go ahead and show everyone how stupid you really are. Egotistical know-it-all ASS.

Reply to
clare

knows it all.

You should be the resident expert on that

Reply to
clare

If you have the copper run a marathon, it'll sweat.

Reply to
Earl

Mixing hydrogen and oxygen can be extremely dangerous too because the mixture has the potential to explode. Water, which is what you get after the chemical reaction of hydrogen and water on the other hand is an entirely different substance and no longer a mixture.

Mixture Definition - Chemistry Glossary Definition of Mixture Definition: two or more substances which have been combined such that each substance retains its own chemical identity.

Examples: Flour and sugar may be combined to form a mixture.

Question: What Is a Mixture? You may have heard the term mixture used in reference to chemistry or cooking. Let's take a look at what a mixture is. Answer: A mixture is what you get when you combine two substances in such a way that no chemical reaction occurs between the components and you can separate them again

mix=C2=B7ture=E2=80=82 =E2=80=82/=CB=88m=C9=AAkst=CA=83=C9=99r/ Show Spelle= d[miks-cher] Show IPA noun

  1. a product of mixing.
  2. any combination or blend of different elements, kinds, qualities, etc.: a mixture of good and bad traits.
  3. Chemistry, Physics . an aggregate of two or more substances that are not chemically united and that exist in no fixed proportion to each other.

Capiche?

Reply to
trader4

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Wrong again. The obvious conclusion is that you are -- wrong again.

Oddly enough, you *did* say that the way to do it is to heat the pipe first -- IOW, that that's the "right" way to do it.

And that simply isn't true.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You clearly don't know the first thing about chemistry: you don't understand the difference between a mixture and a chemical compound.

Now stop, before you make yourself look even sillier than you already have.

And now you show that you don't understand the difference between bleach and chlorine.

Reply to
Doug Miller

up

I capiche you are a "culo"

Reply to
clare

the difference between a

What do you use when you chlorinate or shock your pool? What is used as an emergency water purification? Sodium Hypochlorite.3% to 8% AKA Clorox - AKA JAVEX AKA Chlorine Bleach.

Sodium Hypochlorite (12%) is the most common source of Chlorine for chlorinating domestic water supplies.

And I DEFY you to mix Chlorine Bleach - aka Sodium Hypochlorite and ammonia without producing copious amounts of Chloramine gas.

Use a bit too much ammonia and you will produce liquid hydrazine along with the chloramine gas. Mabee we'll get lucky and you'll kill yourself trying to prove me wrong.

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Clare, stop. Just stop.

The more you keep going, the more you reveal your total ignorance of chemistry.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

They have taken the lead out of my pencil and the lead out of my gas so what is left?

Reply to
Tekkie®

The led in yo ass boy! Now get a move on! ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You could always chew paint chips, if you get desperate.

.

They have taken the lead out of my pencil and the lead out of my gas so what is left?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon