Swamp cooler water feed problem

How easily some people insult others. I'm not lying. When I have a mystery problem, until I know the reason for it, I try to consider every possible reason for it. Of course there is no way to know if one has considered every possibiltiy

a) How do you know that? b) I never said I did. I said he needs to consider every possibility, and when I have a mystery problem, I try to consider every possibility. That doesn't mean I'll think of every one, but more importantly, even finding the right reason for the problem does not mean someone will solve the problem. I want to take 3 years off and travel around the world. And I don't want to stay in group hostels on this trip. The problem is I don't have the money. Knowing the problem doesn't solve the problem.

No. It was a hypothetical, and I didn't mention myself or my friends. It's the OP who has a problem with the swamp cooler.

I never said that, and I think you must be a sloppy reader to keep saying I said things I haven't said. I said that "he needs to consider every possibility." That doesn't mean he *or I* have thought of every possible reason his swamp cooler is causing problems.

It depends on what it leaks on. It might have an overflow that routes overflows to some harmless location. Or a friend who is playing with him might not realize that it's actually overflowing enough to cause damage. The OP didn't say it was causing damage.

Even if the leak turns out to be nasty, that's not enough to say his friend is nasty. It depends on the friend's intention.

Reply to
micky

LOL. Perfect timing,

AIUI, it's a device with a fan that blows hot air over a pan filled with water. The water evaporates by pulling heat from the air, so the air becomes more humid but cooler. In places where it's hot but the air is very dry, it's cheaper to buy and to run and works as well (almost as well?) as an air conditioner with a compressor, condenser, and evaporator. And you get to leave your windows open. That's New Mexico, Arizona, and in all directions from there. I saw one in Las Vegas. If the humidity goes from 10% to 30% or more it is still not too humid for people to be comfortable, but the air temperature has dropped 10 or 20 degrees or more.

micky

Any chance the only one I've ever seen, in Las Vegas, 45 years ago, worked the way I said, just using a pan, no pads??

Reply to
micky