Sump pump sticks

A while back I posted because my sump pump would only work sporatically. Sometime it would, sometimes it wouldn't-- which could be a problem. After much analysis I discovered that the simple reason was because the parts stuck sometimes. I sprayed them with silicone and it worked fine for a long time.

Suddenly I noticed in the most recent rainstorm that it stuck again. I sprayed silicone. However, it continues to stick. I can get it working by hitting it with a clothes hanger, that seems to get the parts moving. However, I can't always be around to do this.

Any suggestions for getting this thing going again?

Reply to
Senin

Exactly what sticks? The float? The switch? Is something worn? Grease is probably a better lubricant for this application but not knowing exactly where it is applied, I can't say for sure.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski