suggestions please, on floor

I have laminated flooring ( strip oak ) running straight through my 3 rooms...living,dining and kitchenette. I don't like the appearance in the kitchen and would like to cover it. First, i was thinking of ceramic tile, but for the small area ( 80 sq.ft.) the cost is out of my budget. Then I saw this show on tv where they had bamboo flooring in the kitchen..had to be homes and garden, and liked it. My only concern is, the contrast of strip laminated oak leading into a bamboo kitchen floor, of course with a saddle of some sort. Also, if I go that route, i would imagine it would be easy to install on top of that laminated floor. Even thought of cork tiles. I could do it myself. Any suggestions

Reply to
Noel