Submersible well pump

Do submersible pumps have a checkvalve built in? There is a check valve at the pressure tank. Wondering because if there is NOT, I'd be able to shock the well without opening the well-head (which is buried)

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Mine has a check valve somewhere in the well. I don't have one anywhere else; so our systems might not be the same.

Reply to
jack

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:49:57 -0400, clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote Re Submersible well pump:

Yes.

Reply to
Caesar Romano