subfloor

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I was trying to get some helpful tips o subfloors. I live in a mobile home and just recently discovered tha the sbfloor underneath my waterheatr (which is in the closet) is quit rotten and nasty, from a water heater leak. Is it possible to just cu out the rotten flooring and replace it. I have done this in my parent house, but I have never had to take the board from under a wall, whic I will have to do in the closet. Any help and or advice would b greatly appreciated. Thanks Oh by the way cheap is better

-- bug

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bugz's Profile:

this thread:
post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Reply to
bugz

I would just do usual leave 0.5" - 1" on the inside, add new 2x4 support, glue & screw new subfloor and add 1/4 plywood to cover entire room.

In many mobile homes subfloor glued, screwed and nailed to the point where you have to remove walls.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks for the info. Why should I add the 1/4 plywood to the floor.

May seem like a dumb question, but if you don't know you better ask