well help

I have been having problems with my well. Everything works ok untill I try to fill a large bathtub or water the lawn. After a few minutes the water almost stops. I went into the crawl and watched the pressure gauge. pump kicks in at 32psi kicks off at about 48psi. After 3 to 4 cycles psi drops to

10psi. I turn pump off and in about 5 min. psi goes up and I turn pump back on and everything is ok for 3 to 4 cycles then psi drops again. I went to local hardware where they repair these pumps and they where nice enough to show me what to look for in the pump. Removed pump and disassmbled,everything ok. Went back to store and they told me that the well head could be partialy cloged. They sugested firing a 22 down the well pipe to see if the was clogged. It seems to me that a clogged head could be my problem but I dont know about firing 22 rifle down the well. Can anyone help me in determing my problem or a cure. The well is shollow 18 to 20 feet down and the pump is in the crawl space.
Reply to
Rich

It can also be there is just not enough water in the well to pump. 20 feet is not very deep for most areas.

Sounds like it is time to call in a pro.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm w/ Edwin on this one...sounds like your well isn't up to the pumping rate your asking. Only thing I can think of otherwise is if there's a silt filter at the bottome of the well and the pump is sucking up enough to restrict it that clears up. But, that is much less likely to be so and it surely sounds like simply pumping the hole dry and then waiting for the water to refill...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I'd say it's pretty obvious that the well is drying up...

Reply to
Dan C

Hi, Common sense tells me, do you have sufficient flow rate? I'd suspect that before anything else. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

when was the last time you emptied the bladder tank and checked the ai

p.s.i ? might be "water logged

-- playintennis527

----------------------------------------------------------------------- playintennis5274's Profile:

this thread:
post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Reply to
playintennis5274

when was the last time you emptied the bladder tank and checked the ai

p.s.i ? might be "water logged"...

-- playintennis527

----------------------------------------------------------------------- playintennis5274's Profile:

this thread:
post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Reply to
playintennis5274

Ummmm, I haven't, as I'm not the one with the problem...

Reply to
Dan C

Wrong symptoms...waterlogged pressure tank will cause pump to cycle rapidly from the reduced volume.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth