stump removal; 3 feet too high?

Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower to allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

if its a professional company they will have a chain saw to cut it to the ground and then put the big bladed stump remover in to finish it off, just call them and ask if they charge any more for the 3 ft. high stump to remove it also.. if not then let them do it...

Reply to
jim

I'm just a one man bachelor home owner. But I would prefer a higher stump -- when I hook on the truck, it gives me some leverage on the roots.

The stump I took out earlier this year I left about four feet high. I had not done enough sawzall work, and broke both halves of the trunk. Oh, well. I did get it loose after a long while. And a lot of sawzall blades.

How bout call the stump grinding company and ask?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yea.. and pulls the stump out with a truck?? more likely pull the axle off of the truck!!

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton

Duh! Lets see, Bob. Let's hook that loggin' chain round the axle, take a couple of wraps around the stump, rev' 'er up to five grand, dump the clutch, take a good run at it, and see what happens....................................... that stump ain't no match for MY truck ............

If'n that don't work, we always got the Sawzall ..................... and you got a Leatherman ................

Priceless.

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

Oh yea..this is the guy you want servicing your stuff...uses a SAWZALL instead of a chainsaw...

What a flipping idiot....

Reply to
CBHvac

ROFLMAO

Reply to
Made In America

The only suggestion that makes much sense. I can't imagine the stump removal people charging much more since it would take about 5 minutes to cut it down to the ground.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon