stucco finish/color for outdoor bbq island

Hi,

I was hoping to get done with a quickcrete 1 coat stucco colored with La Habra dry concrete colorant. I got the "eggshell" color, mixed 1 box per gbag of stucco (box directions) and applied to the back of the bbq island. Although it is not yet dry, I see no color change.

So, would I be better off continuing with the 1 coat under and a top coat of white stucco with color in it, or use the 1 coat and Kelly Moore latex for stucco/masonry?

Pros & cons?

Thanks!

Reply to
Borax

Use a pre-mixed 'dash' coat product. Comes in many colors from a stucco supplier.

Reply to
G Henslee

Try to tint it first to a color you like, painting will have to wait till the stucco cures maybe 1 month also repairing it in the future you need to remove paint. One positive about paint is grease, smoke, will wash off, not so for stucco.

Reply to
m Ransley

It would be better off if you do 1 more coat under and a top coat of white stucco with color in it.

Want more info about grill products:

bbqislandsandgrillsonline