stucco cracked

Help!

I just stuccoed my backyard bbq island. I used La Habra stucco over wonderboard, mixed to mfg directions. Put 1 coat on about 3/8" thick. weather about 80F, no direct sun. Now, about 2 hours after installing there are numerous hairline cracks all over. What can be done?

Is there some sort of elastomeric product to paint it with?

Reply to
Borax

I'm doing that already. I think it "set" sooner than I expected. I am thinking about mixing up a thin batch of stucco to do something like a

1/8" topcoat to fill tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Reply to
Borax

spray light coat of water every few hours so it will dry s-l-o-w-l-y. not enuf to wash off stucco.

Reply to
Chuck Norris

Stucco is supposed to be applied to the structure in three coats. The first always cracks, the sebsequent ones coverf the craks.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Buy a bag of 'dash' mix and apply it. It will fill the cracks. And you can choose from a variety of colors.

Reply to
G Henslee

Thats the nature of stucco. Let it sit for a couple of weeks to cure and finish cracking, then put another skincoat or texture coat over top.

Reply to
Rudy