Strange toilet problem

HI all,

This morning when my wife went to flush the ole commode, there was very little water in the tank. I checked to see if the faucet to the tank was closed and it was open. I closed the faucet and reopened and the tank filled. Now every time we flush, the tank only fill to about an inch on bottom of tank. I closed the faucet and reopen it and the tank fills.

Any idea??

TIA Butch

Reply to
Butch Hinton

Stuck fill valve.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

The "faucet" is actually a supply stop valve. It has probably seen better days and should be replaced. Quarter turn ball valves are popular replacements these days as they flow much better when open. Modernize now and enjoy the benefits. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst