strange clock radio

Just a story.

I have a table clock-radio with digital tuning GE model 4885 that I bought in 1973 or 4. It has a 24 hour clock, dual alarms, and several other nice features. Some buttons have gotten dirty inside and stopped working so I've taken the keyboard apart and cleaned them, more than once, and the time between cleanings got short so I gave up and use it just for one station.

The Off button stopped working but radios use little current, so I'd just turn the volume all the way down. The radio would turn off after

24 hours.

A little over a year ago when I came back for out of town, the radio no longer turned off. It stayed on all the time. For more than a year.

But two weeks ago, it went back to turning itself off, probably after 24 hours.

Reply to
micky