Still trying: Where can I get 1/4" solid rubber tubing (no holes)?

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2 or 3 feet long?

Reply to
Arklin K.

look instead for rubber ROD

Reply to
Robert Macy

McMaster Carr

Meanie

Tubing has a hole in the center.

If there's no hole, it's a rod, or something other than a tube.

Make up your mind.

.

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2 or 3 feet long?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It appears you wanr solid rubber spline or backing rod, not tubing - as tubing, by definition, is hollow and open at both ends.

I believe backer rod is what you are looking for - it is availavle in open cell, closed cell, soft and firm, among other variants. Check the Borg.

Reply to
clare

Nine different materials available.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Check with McMaster Carr . Look at their O-ring section. Yoy can get a length as long as you want.

Reply to
NSN

AutoZone, O'Rielly's, Pepboys... any automotive outlet has air lines, gas/fuel lines, etc., ..... thick walled rubber hoses with as little as 1/8" hole in the tubing.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Interesting. I've been looking all wrong.

I found pull through plugs (which might work):

And, I found tapered plugs:
So now I'm looking through the possibilities.

Reply to
Arklin K.