Still confused: flagstones versus wood on the ground.

I believe everyone who told me it was ok to put flagstones under my deck. After all, people make sidewalks and maybe patios out of flagstones and no one says that provides homes for mice or rats.

But what IS the difference between flagstones and a piece of plywood. How come one is ok to lay on the ground and the other isn't?

Do mice dislike rock and like wood? and would that matter since they enter the ground just to the side of the wood, iiuc?

Reply to
mm

What about when the wood rots? Perhaps the rotting wood is little better than covering your ground with rotting garbage. A nice place for micro-organisms, insects, on down the food chain.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Cost

Proper application of the material

Yes, rodents are low income families. They prefer a broken down shanty; not a fancy, costly, stone fortress.

Reply to
Oren

Plywood rots when in contact with the ground, and rotting wood is an invitation to insects. With either covering you are still creating places to hide. Most animals/insects don't like walking on or over crushed limestone.

Reply to
Phisherman