Flagstones under the deck?

Is it ok to put flagstones under a deck?

I've been chstened about plywood and removed the 2x4 foot piece of T1-11 that I had there, but I have to get underneath for a while, and thought flagstones would keep me from getting muddy.

I have a cement slab under part of the deck and flagstones are laid on the ground all the time, so are they ok under a deck?

Do they have to be inlaid like in a walkway, or can they sit on the surface?

Thanks.

Reply to
mm

On Mon 04 Aug 2008 08:12:16p, mm told us...

They can lay on the surface with no problem.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I have crushed limestone under the deck. No more muddy splashing.

Reply to
Phisherman

chastened !!

A friend has a bunch of free flagstones I can have, plus I think they'll be easier to remove later than gravel or crushed limestone.

Later I may just remove the deck later and plant grass or bushes or even maybe vegetables.

The deck is only 2 feet above the ground, and I'll build some steps, and if I want to sit outside, I'll put my chair on the grass.

Sound ok? (Just in case it seems like it, I'm not being sarcastic.)

Reply to
mm

With just a 2-foot drop and future plans, I wouldn't put anything there. Why break your back?

Reply to
Phisherman