Steel Siding for Shop HELP

I menards has steel siding on sale this week. It is $20 per square for the white painted. Now I am new to construction work so I might have a dumb question. I have 12 ft walls and if a square covers 100 square ft. then how wide would I be able to go with a square ? Would I just take 100 divided by

12 = 8.33 . As of which I assume is a standard 8ft. ? So, I would have a 8ft wide by 12ft tall section of my wall covered by 1 square ? Am I correct ? Thanks, Iowa883

Now ask me about tool and diemaking or machining and I can answer your question but custruction work , I am lost :-)

Reply to
Iowa883

Also, Do I have to run another vapor barrier between this inside steel siding wall and the insulation ? I already have a plastic sheeting vapor barrier between the outside tin (pole building) and the insulation. Thanks again, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

The vapor barrier is supposed to be on the warm in winter side of the insulation.

Reply to
habbi

OK, Well, it is done wrong according to your specs now, is this gospel or just your preference. So, now what, add another vapor barrier between the inside siding and the insulation ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

If you are talking about individual sheets, panels, boards, 100 sq ft does not mean a "square". It covers that much area if you place it end to end for however long or one on top of the other straight up the wall.

You start at one corner and run a strip to the next corner, then another strip on top of that. After you use the "square" you will have covered 100 sq ft if you measure it out.

Kinda hard to explain but just look at any house with siding on it to get the idea.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K