cedar siding repair

Probably not a good idea. Those big boards need to move. Post a picture and link to it so we can see what's up.

RicodJour

I just bought a house with vertical cedar lap siding that has brick below the siding and on the corners of the house. Besides having knot holes missing, between each 10" wide board the board has a thin exposed edges which laps with the next board. The thin edges tend to have cracks and some of these areas are "spongy" as well.

I am wanting a termporary fix for these cracks and spongy areas, but this may not be possible. Would a wood filler or caulk work? This would be followed by a good oil based primer and paint.

Thanks

Saltare

Reply to
Saltare