Steam valves

I have a few valves that leak at the stems, I think there is a nut under the handle I can take off to repack it, what do I use to repack the valve.

Reply to
ransley

Ummm, valve packing. It's basically an impregnated string. Google steam valve packing and you'll find what you need.

RicodJour

Probably string with an animal fat or wax on it, So a dead Rat should do!!

Reply to
ransley

Probably string with an animal fat or wax on it, So a dead Rat should do!!

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

Plumbing supply will have valve packing. It is a string that is impregnated and makes the seal.

Sometimes you can get away with just tightening the nut a quarter turn. If that does not work, get them fixed before the steam erodes things and makes fixing impossible.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No I tried nothing yet, its a rental,

Reply to