Starbucks ceiling insulation batts

I have a warehouse that I like to add some insulation batts under the roof panels. These batts would be exposed and not hidden by a dropped ceiling.

We like the foil backed batts to be black or green in color. But all the foil backed batts products I have seen come only in silver foil backing.

How does Starbucks get their green insulation batts? Do they paint it, or is there a place to buy colored foil batts?

Thanks

PS: I need R19 and better.

Reply to
dchou4u

I have see backed insulation painted (Sprayed). Sometimes the printing can bleed through and may require many coats. Not sure how Starbucks does it, I don't go that often and never noticed.

Reply to
No

I'd suspect if it's a general corporate thingy that they get the stuff specially done. If it's a one-off, something like that may have been done.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Exposed insulation of most types is a fire hazard and code violation. Homasote makes insulated panels in a fairly stark white, (which will reduce your need for lighting) that you could subsequently paint.

Reply to
Goedjn

- dchou4u -

- Nehmo - Are you sure insulation batts are what you are seeing? I've seen pics of green blankets, but it's unlikely they would be exposed. Anyway, you're saying the _foil_ is green. If you paint, the foil would loose its reflective value.

The coffee is overpriced, and I'm boycotting Starbucks after they charged for water to 9-11 rescue workers (_after_ publicity, they refunded).

So I haven't been to one in a while.

Reply to
Nehmo

you could look at expanded polystyrene. some can be painted [ check with manufacturer ]. also check fire regs for this application.

Reply to
zenboom

Maybe an email to

would yield better answers.