Stapling romex to sheet rock?

I don't know where the OP is, but where I am armored cable (BX) isn't allowed to be exposed.

True. But a bender isn't expensive and the learning curve isn't that steep for basic work. I agree that the OP may want to check out Wiremold.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G

I've never used PVC, but I have used EMT (metal conduit). I don't "buy the elbows", because it's too much of a pain in the hind quarters to snake the wire through. You have to open every elbow. I'm no expert, but I still prefer to bend the conduit.

Greg G

Reply to
Greg G

Funny... In my area (NY) you cannot use the plastic inside because if it burns it'll give off toxic fumes. Only allowed OUTSIDE or in non power runs (like using it to channel alarm wires etc through a house)

Reply to
BocesLib

Wouldn't it burn the same regardless of what kind of wires are in it?

Reply to
CJT

Obviously low-voltage applications such as signalling wires are not nearly as likely to start a fire as 120VAC.

Reply to
Doug Miller

When was the last time you checked. I heard NYC has abandoned their archaic electrical code and went to the National Electric Code. Now if we could just get the UAW strangle hold off of Chicago.

Reply to
gfretwell

There are lots of ways fires start. Toxic fumes are toxic regardless.

Properly designed and installed 120V systems shouldn't start fires, either. That's what circuit breakers are for.

Reply to
CJT

The point is that even an IMproperly installed low-voltage system won't start a fire.

Sort of. More accurate, perhaps, to say "that's what arc-fault circuit interrupter breakers are for."

Reply to
Doug Miller