staining house roof tile - need a little help

we have a 15+ year old concrete (shaped like a wave) tiled roof. in case it matters, the original tiles came from a small manufacturing company in lake wales, FL and they have/had an acrylic clear coating on top of a multi-colored surface.

I'd like to ask for comments on how to proceed to recoat the tiles, my own preference being some type of stain that would make them all unicolor.

the roof has been regularly cleaned, pressure washed about every 2-3 years and the tiles are in excellent condition but have faded into a single color plus there is a fair amount of sandy colored residue that starts to come off the surface when washed

have not used any chemicals (ie. bleach) and have always washed with the pressure washer on the lowest pressure settings, just enough to get mold and fungus off after the rainy season

are there differences in quality or types of stains to use? brand names to look into? what about the equipment - rent it or buy a sprayer? how about ongoing maintenance after applying the stain?

Reply to
Anne L.

preference

You can go to a local hardware store: Home Depot or Lowes and they can show you the concrete stains and paints. We carry products to eliminate mold and algae. the coating is clear so your left with the original color. This would give you prevention of the growth and keep the tiles the same uniformed color.

Hope this helps. Our products can be found online.

moldshield.1