squirrel trap plans

Hot dang. Gundogsupply.com has squirrel scent. That might be worth a try.................

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Cut off the feet, rub the back side on the branches, tube, etc......

Scent glands? Natural?

You get to kill a squirrel and save money.

What is that chain for?

Reply to
Oren

The chain on mine helps it re-set. As Steve observes, it also keeps it from dumping quickly. [but I did get another squirrel this afternoon]

You can't see it well in either picture-- but it is a little better in this one.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

This one went out today to my neighbor for testing. Poor guy, I suspect he's running out of shotgun shells from the sound of things on his side of the fence.

I am making another, and this one will not rely on a balance point, but rather a trip that will be set off when the squirrel is at the end of the tube, and all his weight is over the end of the tube. Like a trap door effect. Well, there will be a counterbalance, but just enough to pull it back up to the latch and reset it.

This one was tossed together. Prepare to be amazed and impressed with this next model. Might even go to Radio Shack and see about battery actuators instead of manual ones.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and the squirrel raiders are on the decline around these parts.

I am also sending off for some of that girl squirrel scent at Gundogsupply.com if I can't find any here locally. All's fair in love and squirrel wars.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

One of the first things I saw on testing. The tube swings down so far past vertical that it won't return to the starting point on its own. Mine has a stop screw, see my post with the flickr pics.

Cut the top out of a barrel today with my sawzall and new Destructo blade. Will be working on one with a trip, rather than just the balance point principle.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B