Speaker for phone

Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with this accessary?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I bet you can find a land line speaker phone at Goodwill for $5. People are ditching their land lines and fancy landline phones are lining land fills.

Reply to
gfretwell

Cell phone has it built-in, at least all of mine have. When you're on a call there is a button showing a speaker. There is another button for mute, so they can't hear you, background noise, etc. For landline, I;ve never seen a separate one, but typical cordless ones have had it as a feature for decades too and I'm sure you can find one cheap. I see them starting at $40 all the time and that's for a set of like 4. I'm sure you could find something much less on Ebay, especially if you need just one. But when they are that cheap, worth considering a set maybe.

Reply to
trader_4

I'm not a big fan of our cordless phone - it's too small in my hand - except for that one feature - speaker mode - when sitting and waiting for customer service person to answer .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I agree with this. I have those Panasonic headsets for all my landline phones. It does require Panasonic phones with jacks.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss