Soundproofing A Condo

I have a small one story condo with each unit separated by a concrete block firewall with wall board on either side. Unfortunately, neighbor noise such as loud talking, TV's and radios, comes through without much problem. To give you an example, when reading in my living room next to the common wall, I can here someone peeing in the bathroom on the other side.

Anyone have experience in this area? I've heard of sound dampening wall board but how effective is it? Would some kind of spray foam against the concrete block do the job?

  • The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a healthy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
Reply to
Bob

Why do your want to soundproof a condom? It you doing the screaming when you have an orgasm, not the condom. Just put some vaseline on it so it dont squeak.

Reply to
masterleather

code requres no openings between units think firewall.

if there are openings they should be properly sealed

Reply to
hallerb