sorta OT for the car guys reading

Was at the plumbing store this PM picking up my new kitchen sink (don't ask, a small repair got out of control) and asked for some new lines to hook it up. guy handed me a pair of hoses with stainless overbraid, SWMBO looked at them and said "hey, those look just like those fuel lines you got for the Porsche" and I actually started thinking... wouldn't it just kick a$$ to plumb from the angle stop to my toilet with the real deal Aeroquip AN hose and fittings... real subtle but if a real "car guy" ever used my facilities and noticed it... now I know I could get a NPT to AN fitting from the angle stop, but how would I hook it up to the fill valve?

nate

(apparently a very sick man)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You can't see the fill valve, so take your AN hose to a specialty shop along with the old fill valve inlet hardware and have them swage it together. You are going to spring for purple anodized aren't you? And post pics for us?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

check the ingredients of the hose with regard to drinking water.

Reply to
buffalobill

I was thinking going with the classic red and blue. I guess I could use a short hard line then put a 37 degree flare on it then connect to the hose.

Of course, this will happen immediately after I find a car for SWMBO, because she knows how much AN hose and fittings cost since I told her (significantly less than stock fuel hoses for a Porsche, but significantly more than a standard toilet hookup...) and her Corrado is still apart in the garage, in part due to the constant workload of little around-the-house stuff that doesn't work quite right... (she likes driving the Porsche, but not enough to buy it from me and call it hers. For some reason she thinks they're expensive to run and finicky.)

I might have some leeway as I just ordered a "correct" tubular latch and doorknobs for the bathroom... what kind of idiot would replace a nice vintage tubular latch with a POS *BRASS* Kwikset latch for a bathroom... especially one without a vent fan? Of course they drilled out the one old door that is actually in excellent shape, so I have to use big rosettes that don't match the rest of the house... GRR. I did it right and ordered one brass knob and rosette and one chrome one.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I don't have a dog, so I'm not sure what the problem would be...?

Reply to
N8N