Sorry for double post

Yes, I guess I didn't read that it takes 3-9 hours (that seems ridiculous) for a message to post. Sorry for the duplicate!

Reply to
Hacksaw

gee, mine get posted right away.. and i have a dialup service..... maybe they have you hooked up to the old pony express system????

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

No, I have DSL. Where in Outlook do I set this up? Thanks!

Reply to
Hacksaw

You Go to Outlook Express, and there is a place on the main page to Subscribe to Newsgroups..., You click that and follow the "wizard" You may have to call your DSL provider and get the address they need for the wizard. Like mine was * news.CompuServe.com* For CompuServe dialup. Then you can post and receive messages right away.

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

Instead of posting through google, ask your ISP (DSL provider) if they have a "news server". 99% of the service droids will not know the answer, so you may have to search their site - or ask here, someone will know what your provider has for services/servers.

If they have a newsserver, you can access any newsgroup through Outlook Express or through a program like Free Agent.

Jimmy

That's just a big ol' disclaimer. On any well-run ISP (broadband, dial-up, or pigeon express) a message will be available on your local server almost immediately (just check for new messages). It may take anywhere from hours to days or weeks to get to the *rest* of the internet, though.

Reply to
Dan Hartung