Solvent for Oatley #95 tinning flux?

I'm trying to wash off some copper sheets I've soldered together with lead-free solder. I used Oatley #95 lead free tinning flux and I tried to wash it off with strong detergent but no luck. Does anyone know an efficient way to wash this stuff off?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
sailoronthesea

I'm trying to wash off some copper sheets I've soldered together with lead-free solder. I used Oatley #95 lead free tinning flux and I tried to wash it off with strong detergent but no luck. Does anyone know an efficient way to wash this stuff off?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
sailoronthesea

MSDS indicates negligble solubility in water but base is 60-70% petrolatum so I'd try a petroleum solvent on a rag. Might check on

to see if any further information (btw, note there's no "L" in "Oatey").

Reply to
dpb

Pickup some flux stripper from your local electronics store or rubbing alcohol.

PV

Reply to
PV

Reply to
bamboo

Acetone, your wife's nail polish remover, alcohol, most anything not water based.

Reply to
Bob

Gasoline (just a guess). Of course do it outdoors away from flammables.

I wonder if that "Simple Green" would work. That stuff really cuts grease. (another guess).

Reply to
maradcliff