Solder vs. epoxy for copper pipes?

There is a fundamental problem with conventional epoxy cements for metals, namely, a huge difference in coefficient of thermal expansion. By using copper powder as a filler. the situation is somewhat improved, but such a bond in a hot water system would be subjected to hundreds of cooling-heating cycles each of which will stress the joint. It therefore makes sense to use adhesives where they can be monitored and where an inadvertant leak will not cause a major ,problem. Also, the integrity of the bond is even more dependent on clean surfaces than soldering. As always, let the process and the materials be dictated by the needed results. HTH
Joe
replying to PE, Babydollbolt wrote: After going thru 30 loaves of all kinds of bread, without success, I decided ti try Just for Copper. More then ten years later still no leaks! This repair involved multiple joints, including shut off valves.. I have been told by numerous people about the bread trick, but they all have one thing in common-none of them have ever tried it themselves. THE BREAD TRICK DOES NOT WORK!
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:44:02 GMT, Babydollbolt

It depends what you're trying to do, but since you're a web poster, of course you don't provide any context.
IIRC, I used it once and it worked for me.
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:44:02 GMT, Babydollbolt

I did not have as good results with "just for copper" as you did. My solder joints USUALLY work.
On 7/20/2017 5:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I was fortunate that 45 years ago i was taught by a couple of guys that did joints all day long the right way. This was a department that built copper tubed radiators/coils with thousands of joints a day. I just trust solder to last forever if done properly. Adhesives have improved but I wonder if there is a time that they may become brittle.