solar panel

What an asshat you are. I didn't attack wildly. I said there is no point in arguing with you because your position is not grounded in reality. You have religious beliefs and I have obviously threatened them.

Go argue with W_Tom. You two are like peas in a pod.

Reply to
salty

What a liar you are.

You're scientifically illiterate, that's for damn sure.

Like W_Tom, you're absolutely clueless.

Reply to
krw

You just can't stand the idea that alternative energy can work effectively. You flat earth religious kooks are all the same.

Reply to
salty

Some of us simply question the amount of solar gain vs the other energy sources. How cold is it in there on a cloudy day and what happens at night? If the only source of heat was the sun it should be pretty damned cold in there at sun up. Pipe freezing cold

Reply to
gfretwell

Wow! That's a red herring, even by your (low) standards. No, I believe the Conservation of Energy is not just a good idea, but the law. You clearly don't.

Reply to
krw

ote:

Exactly my thoughts. How by visiting the mall does one determine whether or not the individual stores have a heating system that consists of more than just spot heating? Let's forget about heat for the moment. Clearly they need AC for summer and sa has claimed that it gets so hot in the mall in winter that they must use AC then too. So, the stores obviously will have HVAC ducting, vents, etc. and in the malls I've been in, these tend to be in the ceilings and not readily accessible. Do you bring a ladder with you when you go to the mall and check what's coming out of the air vents? Or do you ask for a tour of the store's HVAC system?

It sounds like sa's made a lot of assumptions here. What would help convince me is some credible reference that says the stores do not have their own conventional heating systems. We've provided some references that say the stores do in fact, have their own individual heating systems.

BTW, I'm still waiting for an explanation from sa of how the big heat gain through acres of passive solar skylights in the common mall areas roof is not largely or maybe even entirely reversed in summer by the same sunlight pouring in and creating more heat. The one way this could be done would be with some sort of shades used in summer to limit the light. Those should be visible from a visit. Do they do that?

And once again, I'm not saying that passive solar cannot be used effectively to help heat a building. But I get skeptical of claims which seem to exagerate what is actually going on.

Reply to
trader4

e:

Unbelievable. Now, the basic laws of physics, which sa clearly does not grasp, are religous beliefs? What specific statements have I made that are NOT based on physics? On the other hand, sa has claimed that light that comes out of a fixture in a store is not turned into heat because it is "absorbed". And he can't grasp the fact that if one compared the electricity usage for lighting of two buildings, one would know almost exactly how much heat is being generated in each of those buildings from wasted heat from lighting. It matters not a wit that one building used incandescent and another flourescent. Sure, you get more light with a lot less electricity from flourescent, but by looking at the KWH of each building that goes to lighting, you know almost exactly how much heat is being generated in both buildings. The tiny fraction that isn't heat is due to light that escapes the building through windows, etc. and for practical purposes, that is negligible.

Reply to
trader4

google passive homes, and see the tv show this NEW house.some 20,000 have been built nationwide. for about $150.00 per square foot.

by superinsulating homes and proper placement and design very low heat cool homes are being built today, even in cold areas like maine...

Reply to
hallerb