Softside Waterbed question

I know this is probably off-topic a little, but there really isn't another group I found that this fits into. Plus, I know some handy people hang-out here. Anyway, I just acquired a shallow fill softsided waterbed,, that has

10 tubes. While I could be an expert on the old hardsided beds, I don't know crap about how to fill this one. So:

  1. Is it easier to use a hose, or just take to tubes to a sink?

  1. Are you suppose to even use a hose?
  2. The tubes have lines marking firmest that run perpendicular to the tube. I take it that you are supposed to stand the tube up to see what line it hits?

Any help is appreciated.

John

Reply to
John E. Jones

That would be correct also it makes it easier to fill them all the same since if you under/over fill you will be putting more pressure on the overfilled ones. I would think it would be easier it fill in the bed myself the water makes carrying awkward. You can take them to the tub to dump thouigh!

Make sure you put a bit of conditioner in each tube.and also try to get as much air out as you can. Softsides also use lower wattage heaters, so don't try to reuse an old one!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne