Soda Maker: How long does it take carbon dioxide to diffuse into 4C cold water at 30psi?

Anyone know if saturation by carbon dioxide has a time constant?

Swirling seems to work with these 2L bottles, where I mix 4 degrees C (or about) water under 30 psi CO2 pressure (or about) for about 10 minutes per bottle (give or take) because I assume "diffusion" is slow; but is diffusion slow, or is it (nearly) instantaneous?

Anyone have experience with how long it should take for carbon dioxide to diffuse into the surface layer of water, and then to diffuse deeper if I don't swirl?

If I just plug it in for a few minutes, the water isn't bubbly enough.

If I leave it for an hour, two things that are bad happen:

  1. I lose CO2 because my connections are imperfect, but worse,
  2. The water warms up (meaning it will hold less C02).

If you don't know whether the diffusion "should" be instantaneous or if there is some kind of pragmatic coefficient, that's OK. It works.

I just don't know what I'm doing and why. Do you?

Reply to
Danny D.