Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

Cool...I used to be. Now I hardly ever use My tools.

Reply to
Eagle

Sort of:

rbowman

This is a Monkey Ward 1/2" extension that I snapped off. (Power Craft)

gfretwell

Sure, and they have a good supply of montgomery wrenches.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Trying to get the balancer bolt out of a Honda. The pipe was about 4 feet long. I ended up taking it to the shop for the $1000 belt job.

Reply to
gfretwell

I was prepared to buy myself a present (a 3/4" impact gun) but this was such a miserable job on a Prelude, I just bailed out on it. The dealer actually loosens the motor mounts and lifts the engine a bit to get in there. It isn't like most FWDs, You don't remove the wheel well and see the belt. It is lined up precisely with the strut housing, about 1/4" away from the cover. Even sneaking the cover off doesn't help much. The $1000 belt job includes a water pump, a main seal job and a few other things that are easier when the motor is loose.

Reply to
gfretwell

Any red Loctite involved? Harley is fond of that for one particular nut. First you start with a torch to destroy the Loctite.

Reply to
rbowman

If you are talking about the but on the main shaft of the transmission (where the clutch bolts on) you need to remember it is left hand thread ;-)

I was not ready to torch a crank shaft but that may be why Honda sells you the seal.

Reply to
gfretwell

Those. Back in the day when Mopar had a thing for left handed lugnuts more than one stud got snapped off with the application of a breaker bar and 4' of pipe. iirc, the rear brake drum was held on the axle by a large left-handed nut too. Or maybe I'm just remembering the pain of using a puller to get the drum assembly off the taper.

Reply to
rbowman

Inless someone screwed with it, they were on the left. On Hudsons and some oldsmobiles as well - as well as some old brits and a handful of others.

Reply to
clare

It does, but I have to give it incentive to come out of it's cave. 8-o

Cave Dave

Reply to
Eagle

You have to lassoo it and drag it out in cold weather Monster dude... :o)

Reply to
Eagle