Snowblower suggestions

I need a snowthrough/blower. I am looking for a model that will be dependable and last a long time. Must be resonable to clear about 2000 sq. feet of pavement. Ideally, will be able to throw the snow 6 feet high (I must go over a fence in some places). I heard that models at Home Depot are made with cheaper compenents than the same models at dedicated stores...

What brands would you recommend? What tyes of stores would you recommend? Thanks

Reply to
jwill

I need a snowthrough/blower. I am looking for a model that will be dependable and last a long time. Must be resonable to clear about 2000 sq. feet of pavement. Ideally, will be able to throw the snow 6 feet high (I must go over a fence in some places). I heard that models at Home Depot are made with cheaper compenents than the same models at dedicated stores...

What brands would you recommend? What tyes of stores would you recommend? Thanks

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Robert A. Barr

Please don't help propagate this Urban Legend.

A model number is a model number. If you see the same model in HD vs a dealer, its the same -- PERIOD.

Different models, of course, may differ. For example, the Deere tractors at HD are cheaper than typical Deeres, but they have their own model number.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I can't tell you what brand or model to get, just look at the specs to find one that fits your needs. But your last comment on the same model being different at different stores is silly nonsense that't been around for some time. Probably made up by jealous people that paid a much higher price for the same model at a dedicated store. People use to say that a Whirlpool sold at KMart was inferior to a Whirlpool sold at a dedicated store and wouldn't last. Does anyone really think that any brand that is competitive would degrade their name in such fashion? The same make and model where ever it is sold is identical at all stores. That being true, dedicated stores may not carry some of the all or cheaper models that may be found at Home Depot; but if the model is the same, there is no difference where ever it is purchased.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

You can make a world of difference in the "dependable" department by using good gasoline, and high quality motor oil. Beyond that, I don't have enough experience to say. Oh, and store it in a garage or enclosure.

Mine I got used, and it kept clogging the carb. Specks of black whatever. I finally spliced in a fuel filter, and it works much better now.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you mean single stage and have heavy wet snow , forget John Deer , they didnt design the shute big enough and it gets cloged often. Consumer reports rated it high , but obviously didnt test it in heavy wet snow. Toro is good. for single stage.

Reply to
mark Ransley